Posting this here because the Discord.com developers gave a canned reply to my negative review, saying
Thanks for reaching out to us! If you'd like to see changes made to the app, could you please post or upvote your suggestion our [sic] Feedback site?: [url] More info on the UI update here: [url]
and I can't just leave them with the last word; but Google Play reviews are limited to 500 characters, which isn't enough to get into all the things wrong with Discord, much less cite them. So I edited in a brief reply telling them all these issues are longstanding, and to check my blog for proof.
Here is that proof. Richard Stallman was right about everything, and we will have brought the dystopia upon ourselves.
- #360030074011, #360062447812, #t908000828690182145: Custom UIs are banned
- #360043088512, #360039981112: Using your PC disables mobile notifications for at least a minute
- #360037193551: The mobile account verification doesn't work with some carriers
(closed and locked by moderator)
- #360040235291, #360042792072: Notification settings fail to contain @everyone pings from rogue servers
- #360058506212, #360043429052: battery life is destroyed by the app